Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kristen Stewart's Affair Shouldn't be an Issue

While I find Kristen Stewart to be one of the more repulsive actresses in Hollywood for her lack of acting ability and general shitty attitude toward everything (seriously, have you read interviews with her?), the harsh light she is being painted with in the media for her affair is unfair. If she was a man, it wouldn't be in the media half as long.

Image yoinked from here
Jezebel put it quite well in their article stating that Stewart's public apology was unnecessary. Here's my take on things: people cheat. I've been cheated on, I've lead men to cheat unabashedly. I've been aware of other people's infidelities and kept their secret. People cheat. It happens. In fact, I've seen numerous documentaries that would postulate that cheating is hard-wired into our DNA as a failsafe to ensure survival of the species by finding the best genes possible. And you know what? Sometimes actors on movie sets get lonely and project their feelings on others, because, you know, they're human.

As much as I can't stand her, Kristen Stewart is only 22 years old. She's a baby and she's being dragged through what's usually a man's scandal, public apology and all. Added to that, Twitard fans are sending death threats via Twitter. Give the kid a break. She's young, and probably in the first serious relationship of her life. Everyone makes mistakes. I don't see people demanding a public apology of the married with two kids director involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment