Thursday, September 20, 2012

Money is Detrimental to your Health

I have had a headache going on for 6 days now. Sometimes it is just a dull ache, sometimes it is a stabbing pain behind my eyes. Napping, Excedrin, and even my prescription naratriptan haven't seemed to help much, as I mash my face into pillows in agony. During the duller pain moments I've been able to read larger-print books or ebooks where I can increase the size of the font. During the worst of it, I try to sleep. This isn't a migraine, though, it's a stress headache, and no matter how many times I go over my finances and tell myself everything will work, it doesn't go away. My brain keeps thinking, and panicking, and calling me stupid for wanting to go out and do stuff like have a life and go to the Freyburg Fair and roller derby next month.

In the midst of this headache, I told a friend "you should send me money, for no reason." Yes, those were my words. I give absolutely no incentive and in fact, usually ignore this person's calls, but just suggested blithely that they just give me money.

I was doing okay with my unemployment, until I got a letter from the IRS about my 2010 income tax return. It seemed they wanted some of it back. You see, back then I had a friend (the same friend that was a wrestler-- I'd link but Blogger changed shit and now I can't easily get to those entries) who promised me she could get me a huge return, so I let her do my taxes. She  got me about $4400 back and outlined what she got me credits for, not mentioning to me that she gave me her education credit, which is what the IRS is now questioning. So when I got the letter asking for $2500 back, I didn't question it, I sent in the paperwork for a payment arrangement. This person had disappeared last year, without word to me and without a trace, even deleting her email and Facebook accounts but as serendipity would have it, I am extremely good at tracking people down online, and not only found her new Facebook account, but her physical address in a different state (where I suspected she was, after all). I've been toying with selling this information to her ex-husband for a cool $3500. I see no problem with making some profit.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to calm my mind down and take more meds. There has got to be some end to this headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment