Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Everything is Bleak

States are reopening, my own state has a plan in place for reopening rural areas. It's too soon. It's way too soon, people have become complacent and don't take the pandemic seriously, and we will absolutely see a spike in cases very, very soon. Listen, I know you want to be able to go out and do stuff, but this is too soon. This is bad.

Thinking about this this morning sent me into a panic attack. A small one, but a familiar feeling all the same. It started with an obsessive thought: this is wrong, this is too soon, this is wrong, it's too soon. Then came the familiar racing heart and insurmountable feeling of dread. I tried to distract myself with work but only managed to give myself repetitive motion pain.

My mental health is not okay right now. It hasn't been. I feel helpless and hopeless and there's nowhere for me to run to right now. I'm weepy and angry and I really, really just need a break.

So please, don't invite me out to dinner. I won't accept. It's way too soon, even with increased testing capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment