Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quick, Add This to Your Wine List!

Last night I drank a bottle of Roscato Rosso Dolce for, er, scientific reasons. I'd seen so-called "red moscatos" at the grocery store and wanted to give them a try, the only problem was that the only ones available were on my Absolutely Undrinkable list (ie; Gallo, Barefoot, etc. as listed in My Not-Quite-Difinitive Wine List). I felt defeated as I started to leave the wine aisle, but then as I got closer to proseccos  I saw the Roscato Rosso Dolce on the shelf, for the right price of $9.99. Let me preface this by saying I don't like red wine. I've tried. I just don't care for it. I did approach this bottle with trepidation, and when I sniffed after opening, I was apprehensive. It smelled like red wine. I took a sip. It was like cherry-grape with raspberries and pink bubbles. It was delightfully sweet like traditional moscatos, with just enough bubble, and none of the harsh tannin flavor that I associate with traditional red wine. Folks, I have a new favorite that will grace my fridge! And judging from this online wine distributor (who sells it for only $107 a case!) I'm not the only one who fell in love at first sip as it has received glowing reviews. If you're not a fan of reds like me but like sweet wines, definitely give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment